@ELothianGreens on Twitter
- RT @JNaplesCampbell: Calling all teachers across the @NAllianceScot - @tiecampaign are offering free #LGBT training at @educationabdn later… 06:30:49 PM March 11, 2018
- RT @Knox_MFL: ECO-WEEK - the best week of the year - is March 5-9. Make the most of it! Here's a flashback to last year's memes. What will… 03:33:10 PM March 04, 2018
- RT @ELCouncil: All East Lothian Council schools, nurseries and specialist education provision will re-open tomorrow (Monday). Transport pr… 03:31:41 PM March 04, 2018
- RT @ELCouncil: URGENT - please note: all East Lothian Council primary and secondary schools, and local authority nurseries and specialist p… 07:24:36 AM February 28, 2018
- RT @Jura_Harris: We need help from all @scotgp members especially in #EastLothian. Trying to stop a new #Greyhound track! @elothiangreens @… 08:28:51 PM February 10, 2018
Wednesday, June 8th, 2016
Dunbar-based Sarah Beattie-Smith, former South of Scotland lead candidate for the Holyrood election, is one half of the team putting together the Scottish Green Party’s “GreenerIN” campaign for the EU referendum.
“Greens want to see a Europe that continues to defend workers’ rights, protect the environment and secure peace,” said Sarah. “We also want to work with the progressive movement across Europe to strengthen democracy and keep checks on corporate power.”
The GreenerIN campaign highlights just five ways in which membership of the EU benefits workers, including the fact that, in 1982, the EU Commission took legal action against the UK Government to extend the Equal Pay Act to cover equal pay for work of equal value.
One frequently asked question is why, if the Scottish Greens support devolution of power to the most local possible level, would the party support membership of the EU. The Party’s response is that issues such as fighting climate change or tackling bankers’ bonuses need action at an international level.
Party members are asked to share the GreenerIN message by using the #GreenerIN hashtag on social media, by putting a poster up in windows, or by helping deliver newsletters that will be out shortly. If you can help in the East Lothian area, email firstname.lastname@example.org